Till Next Time Uncle Norm
Hello all
What a day to start blogging...
At the beginning of this week I got some sad news, my great uncle Norm passed away...or "Entered into Rest" as the little funeral brochure called it. I wasn't that sad about it, I mean he was 89, he lived an amazing adventurous life, until I saw his picture...then I lost it. I did the whole pathetic quivery lip thing, you know, try to be brave for mom and grandma...to no avail. I think it's so weird that the only time my family gets together is for Christmas or funerals...I don't know anything about them. All my little cousins have grown up...so weird to hear my youngest cousin Shawn with a deep voice and a bunch of scholarships to SFU! Anyway, what's the best way to deal with all this grief???
SHOPPING! I know, this is bad timing...but I couldn't help it. My boss asked me to get some more formal professional clothing, and this was the only day I could do it. So I got this AMAZING suit and some really beautiful blouses and all that boring stuff. But all in all it was cool cuz I got to hang out with my mom.
...Back to this funeral business, it really bothered me the way that my uncle was placed in the ground. He was cremated and then put in this little box and then some random worker carried his ashes out to the plot and placed him awkwardly into the ground! to me, this wasn't right, it should have been someone close, like one of his sons or something...I don't know, what do I know...nothing.
This is kind of a weird way to start blogging, but this is what happened today...
I also reorganized my entire room...which took way longer than I ever wanted it too.
Well, that's enough of this girl's rant...tomorrow I promise I'll be happier..................

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home