Fireworks for Firejerks?
Hooray! I sit here at work and watch the clock as today will be the last day of work for 3 WHOLE days! Not to say that this week has been boring, quite the opposite. Take Wednesday for example....
Wednesday could have been just a normal day had it not been for the fireworks! http://www.cfox.com/shows/oneil.cfm?rem=43301&jor=43301&var=morn#morning
After work I battled traffic from 200th in Langley to Ikea in Coquitlam, it's all good tho, I had my Starbucks, so I didn't mind. Man give me my Starbucks and Jack Johnson and bye bye road rage. I met up with Heather, Lindsey and Mike and we stealthily parked in the iZ parking lot...seeing as Heather worked there 4 years ago, we figured it'd still be okay. Ah, the skytrain....That big train in the sky, it's even better when it's filled with rowdy drunk teen-agers (thanks for the play by play Heather) which is all the more amusing. We all got off at Burrard and walked up to Dale's lovely apartment on the 5th floor right near English Bay (please never move Dale...who else would we mooch off of...jk) We enjoyed some good beer and wine, and the best pizza ever! I won't get into all of our warped conversations...but one day Dale will understand why Creamsicles and wiener-bites are dirty. The fireworks were brought to us by the Czechs! also known as the Chicks! They did a lovely technically advanced show, which we were split 50/50 on. The broccoli shaped ones made it for me (and if I were a better wordsmith I'd describe them for you...give me time). Why is it that booze and drugs are so important to have at the fireworks festival? I heard stories of people coming in the day before and burying booze in the sand! Not too mention...ever heard of puff puff pass...not puff puff all over Amelia's head and clothes!
Thursday was entertaining...I'm house sitting for some family friends while they explore Italy, so they spent three hours of my time repeating their instructions on how to feed a cat! I just stood there and nodded and smiled...haha...kinda like these two blind dates I went on...out of respect for these two guys, I won't get into the details....but there was a lot of me nodding and smiling while they rambled on and on and on....never again....
Which now leads me to Friday! Tonite should be fun, I get to hang out with some old friends, eat some sushi and watch some shamalayn (sp?) should be good times.
Well, here are some entertaining links to get the party started this weekend...crank and enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEdNCLyirE
http://rcimaginations.net/were-not-gonna-take-it
Happy BC DAY!

3 Comments:
Amelia - LOL on the link to David Hasselhof's video. I saw him perform that on America's Got Talent last night and was in the same state of disbelief!! See you on Sunday :-)
5:52 p.m.
hehe I couldn't even watch the whole hasselhoff thing. brutal.
Here's a question - who were the more obnoxious kids - the ones on the skytrain on Wednesday or the ones in the movie theatre Friday? I honestly don't know, although the skytrain ones didn't make me as mad.
10:56 a.m.
The movie kids. See, cuz on the skytrain we only paid 2.25 and they provided the entertainment, however at the movies we paid 10.00 (ok..brenden paid) for entertainment, not too hear some punk kids be loud...but it sure felt good to throw mnms at them! :)
3:05 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home