So, Mexico won the fireworks display! Which was really cool. The music wasn't that exciting but it was a lot of fun because I was involved with the Bard on the Beach/Fireworks/gourmet barb-b-q. That was probably the best Mid Summer's Night Dream performance I've seen, and trust me I've seen a few. The cast was awesome! The Ferries were all punk style ballerinas in full multi-coloured tu-tus! They sang and improved and used different umbrellas to represent the trees in the forest! The best part was when a lady in the front row told Bottom to die already during the play w/in a play where he completely over-acts and the whole cast stopped and looked at her! And then Bottom in total character declared "I know you want to see the fireworks...but some of us are trying to do a little thing called art!" So good! Getting out of Vancouver wasn't as fun...it took almost an hour to get out of the parking lot alone! It was an exhausting day to say the least.
Sunday was another adventure of its own. Hanging out with Justin and Shane playing N64 Mario Cart and watching the Emperor's New Groove and eating Blizzards. MMMM....so shouldn't eat those...but whatevs.
Monday....oh Monday...nothing says fun in the sun like waiting in a border line-up! Oh well, we had out Starbucks and our music and our good-natured sense of humour. The three "A(h)s" Amelia, Shanda, and Sheena we all spent a lovely yet exhausting day of outlet shopping...and of course I spent the most! The day was made even better by the barista at Starbucks by Bellisfair...all baristas should look like him. Beside the point. I really like Washington, it's a pretty cute little state, and I'm a big fan of Seattle and can't wait to go there in September with the family (including the dog).
So as I sit here at "work" (I quote it, because what job would allow you to blogg all day long?) I'm so glad that I managed to figure out the biggest mess I've ever made when it comes to banking stuff, oh well, alls well that ends well.
PS...if you see a Mars email circulating...it's a hoax! Buyer Beware.

2 Comments:
i know you probably don't really want to post much when nobody comments... but now i am commenting...and requesting a new post... come on now, you can do it!!
1:34 p.m.
OK - I agree, I keep coming back to check on you Amelia but still nothing. I don't always get a lot of comments on my blog either but I keep writing because you never know some day someone like me will come along and say "hey, update your blog will ya!!". :-)
5:04 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home