My name is Amelia. I live in Pitt Meadows BC, you'll recognize it by the smell. I work for a financial institution, have three stop-start degrees, and love anything music related, movie related, or starbucks related.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Alright, So I've been a tad neglecting of my blog, apologies, but I guess I've felt like I've had nothing interesting to say. But now that I write, I guess my life hasn't been all that boring....So where I left off...August 12th Amanda and Jason became Mr and Mrs Gregor! It was a great wedding and I'm so happy for them! I can only hope that I can be so lucky! Work has been same ol' same ol. And the commute I've noticed is getting more congested that must mean summer is coming to a close. I've also been house sitting in Poco for family friends while they trott off in Italy! I went to a fundraiser for Sheway which was held at Plush it was a burlesque fashion live rock concert! I have to admit I've never been to a burlesque show, but it was really crazy! Let's see, Vanessa (who came with me) and I watched Shaboobie Boobarella crash to earth in her rocket and for some reason that called her to loose her space suite. Then Melika Millions lost her clothes and her skin! You get the idea. Summer Kids Club came and went, I could only help out the first day as a run around everything person, but it was super fun and it was great to see so many people (okay, maybe just Mike) gush about it everyday! Just this past weekend I got to go up to Nicola Lake and hang out with my family and extended family for a few days for my Besta's 80th birthday, it was a really great day! And I got to go tubing on the lake and try my hand at waterskiing! I hurt now....3 days later I still have a sore back! (I'm not that old yet!) My cousin Shandi has the cutest craziest boys! The youngest Jackson 2 talks with a Boston accent, and will do anything you ask him too...plus he can name any hockey team! Then there is Branden, who is a total ham and says things like...and I quote "I'm not built for water, I'm built for meditation!" he's 6 by the way! There was one sad note the weekend which was we got a phone call saying that Gene an old family friend died of Cancer. So Rest in Peace Gene.

All in all the summer has been good, it's weird to not go back to school after the summer, jobs only. I miss school....never thought I'd say that. I look forward next to my trip to Seattle, on the September long weekend, I look forward to my sweet cousing Lindy having a baby (maybe even twins!) And I look forward to my 22 birthday! Only 25 days to go (Sept 23)! By the way whoever reads this is welcome to come to the Spaghetti Factory in Gastown and then to the Blarney Stone for pints and dancing after!

And if you're bored check out www.thetravisty.com
Also, if you'd like more information on Cancer foundations and progress www.cancer.ca

Go Lucas Rossi!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike H said...

I guess I DID gush a lot about Summer Kids Club. But it really was a lot of fun.

6:33 p.m.

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Woohoo - you posted! You see, people do check. LOL I'm not sure why Mike was the only one not waiting for last week to be over. Actually it wasn't so bad this year. I think Heather's amazing organizational skills had a lot to do with it. Either that or me NOT being a leader was a much better thing for me.

11:59 p.m.

 
Blogger heather said...

I'm fine with taking credit for that.

Mil, going to Old Speg just reminds me of the time we took my lifegroup there. hopefully the men hitting on us this time will have homes and jobs. right on.

4:21 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home