My name is Amelia. I live in Pitt Meadows BC, you'll recognize it by the smell. I work for a financial institution, have three stop-start degrees, and love anything music related, movie related, or starbucks related.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So, here I sit, mid week at my job, hanging out, obviously I'm very busy which is why I'm able to write in my blog.

I know, sometime next year I'll look back on all this and think, gee that was nice sitting there, doing nothing....but right now, I'd rather do anything!

Yesterday, I got to sit down and have coffee, with Pastor Tyler from Northwest Langley Baptist and had a talk about the church and about getting involved in the youth ministry. We met up at the Wired Monk and just chatted and caught up, since I hadn't seen him since 2000-2001! at Creation Fest, and now he's married and a youth pastor! CrAZY! actually he's got a good blog, check it out! www.tylerhagen.blogspot.com

I'm really excited and really nervous about this whole thing. It's amazing, for the longest time, I was kind of just existing, not really doing much, and kind of stuck in a spiritual rut. Then suddenly God starts working in me, completely unexpected and I start to get pulled to find a new church, to start up in ministry, youth ministry! And now, tonite I'm going to hang out with Pastor Mike from Burnett Fellowship, because he just wants to see how I'm doing, and talk to me about his youth program. So this will be a good conversation I hope, one where I can just express and listen to all God has been and is doing.

Well, only 4 days left in my 21st year on this little rock. 22, I feel old. lol

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

OK, first off you are right, it really sucks to do nothing, even though you are getting paid for it. THe problem is because you are getting paid for it you can't just go do anything else when you are bored of doing nothing. You still have to stay at work. Hence, the problem. I'd rather be busy any day, makes the day go fast.

As for being involved in youth ministry (wherever that leads you) you go girl! And if it is with Pastor Mike here at Burnett then you will either be working with my dh on Thursdays or me on Fridays so it's all good 'cause we're fun (well most of the time! LOL).

BTW - 22 is NOT old. I'm A LOT older than you and I know old. You are not old. 'nuff said! :-)

11:30 p.m.

 
Blogger amelia said...

lol! Thanks Michelle! I knew I'd get in trouble for feeling old! :)

10:53 a.m.

 
Blogger 4ever29 said...

I remember 22. That was a long time ago.

3:58 p.m.

 
Blogger Amanda said...

and here I get nagged about not posting... sheesh!

12:33 p.m.

 
Blogger Michelle said...

yeah - where did you go?

3:52 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home