I'm Back: A recap of October
Alright, well, it really has been forever since my last post. I think right now, my life is kind of like work, I don't accomplish enough during the day or week, so I lump it all into a month. Or maybe not.
Let's see. The month of October has definitely been eventful, I started going to a new church in Langley, and it's super cool. No offense to Burnett, because they're amazing, they're my family, but I needed to try something new. I needed some kind of a ministry that looked after me, which was unfortunately lacking at Burnett, and now I've found it. North West Langley Baptist is amazing, they're 70 years young, and so full of love. They're very into missions, and support 4 families, one in Colombia, one in Poland, on in the Congo, and another somewhere in S. America. Although, there's usually 150 people in attendance, we get a lot of Trinity students, and it's cool, because now I'm reconnecting with people my age, which is great! I now go to a bible study led by Scott and Susan K. They have 4 boys all under 12 and are adopting a little girl from China who will be coming home to them in the fall of 2007. Her name is Lily, and they can't wait! I can't wait! Susan is making a wish quilt for her, and she posted this on the internet and has been getting squares for her quilt from people all over the world, very cool. Scott is the highest ranked Tae Kwon Doe master in Canada with a 6th degree black belt! Which basically means he could kill you 5 times before you hit the floor...not that he would. When he first told me he was a martial arts master, I thought it was a joke! Because Scott, is 5'7" timid looking, glasses wearing, relaxed white guy. Not that that matters, in my mind, it just didn't make sense. I've also become a senior high youth leader at NWLB, and help lead the Wednesday night bible study. We have a great group of students, there are about 10 or so who come regularly. Very funny, and great taste in music! Next weekend we all get to go to Qwanoes! It'll be my first time there, and the first time back to the island (the last time I was there, I think I was 5!) It's apparently a pirate themed event. I've also become a preschool helper, I help out every 6th Sunday, and tomorrow is my first time doing it at this church, so that will be exciting.
What else has happened...oh yeah, I started a class making beautiful stained glass objects in Fort Langley...I mean, I'm sure they'll become beautiful, soon.....I need a lot of work....but I won't give up.
At work, it's still pretty slow, and we have time to do things, like, cut out hundreds of hand made leaves to decorate our branch, and carve pumpkins and all that fun stuff, it's like being in school! But I get paid for this stuff!
I'm almost finished writing, but before I go, I think you all need to go and see a movie called "Half Nelson" with Ryan Gosling. It was so good...not for the kiddies, but I really believe Ryan Gosling gives an Oscar winning performance! He plays an amazingly gifted history teacher in an innercity New York school. He inspires a lot of his students, but he has a secret drug addiction, one day after a school basketball a student catches him getting high in the bathroom, and the movie follows the friendship that develops from there. At parts it's very awkward to watch, but very powerful. I think it's only playing at Tinseltown.
I'll leave you with a very cool website my Uncle Con sent me, it's of an S. African watering hole, it's a live webcam with sound and everything super cool! www.africam.com click on the Nkorho Stream link at the top of the page and watch the cool wildlife that comes there.
If you read this whole thing, that's super impressive!

7 Comments:
Hey, you're alive! Right on!
I'm glad NWLB is working out for you - sounds like they welcomed you with open arms!
Sounds like you're crazy busy, and so am I, but it is not okay that we haven't seen each other in almost two months! Let's hang out soon!
12:40 p.m.
Hey Amelia - glad you're back. I'm also glad you found a new Church home, although we miss you at ours.
1:34 p.m.
I miss you too Amelia! But so glad you found somewhere that's working for you. Stop by some time though, perferably during the 11 o'clock so I can say hi and we could catch up. Hope all is well in job land and the rest of life. Sounds like you have some exciting stuff going on...keep posting!
8:27 p.m.
Amelia lives! Hooray! It sounds like you're on my side of the river an awful lot! Next time you're free you should call me. I live over here you know.
9:05 a.m.
Hooray for an update! It's not the same just reading about all your stuff, I'm used to hearing about it from you on Sunday.
Michelle and Lindsey are right, you are missed.
12:00 p.m.
You should come to Burnett this Sunday the 26th at 11 am to see Jericho get dedicated. Then he can meet you.
9:13 p.m.
Maybe you could do a November update?
12:34 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home