My name is Amelia. I live in Pitt Meadows BC, you'll recognize it by the smell. I work for a financial institution, have three stop-start degrees, and love anything music related, movie related, or starbucks related.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Everybody?

Wow! What a crazy couple of months.

Not really, but let's just pretend so that I don't have to feel so guilty about not updating my blog.

So here I sit at work, chilin....me and the ancient security guard that is supposedly going to protect our branch from evil doers....what exactly can security guards do? Other than ask the bad men who may rob us to please stop or he'll have to call the police? I can do that. He's nice any way.

So, last we chatted, It was almost the end of October, just after that blog I headed off to Camp Qwanoes! The first time I'd ever been , and I got to go as a leader! Which was wicked awesome! Us girls got to stay in the Kaleo dorm rooms over looking the ocean with our own private bathrooms, while the boys got to sleep under the cafeteria. It didn't matter though, it's not like we got any sleep...Thanks be to God and all his glory for the creation of coffee! and yummy camp breakfast. Now, my one and only complaint about the weekend was making a bunch of teenagers sit through 4 two hour chapels! As amazing as the speaker was, those poor students (and me occasionally) could not help but close their eyes. If I could plan it, I'd only have 20 minute chapels and then separate studies for some q and a and more singing and playing games, cuz it's camp! Not detention.

November brought some interesting stuff, let's see, the lovely Sara gave birth to a movie star in the making...Jericho! Welcome to the world! My brother turned the big 20! All though I'm pretty sure his brain capacity hasn't allowed him to age past 10. I got to make an actual box out of glass! And it's still standing. It's a pretty present that's red and silver with a bow (also that I made from glass!) It looks pretty sweet and I put little lights in the inside so it sparkles, and I also made a snow flake, I hope to start making some more stuff in the next month, just need some money...if you would like to donate to the Amelia Artistic Fund you can give her cash directly...
I got to reconnect with some old friends and meet some really great new ones. I survived some crazy youth events, took in a few movies, by the way Daniel Craig makes one fine 007. My dog Elvis also made it through the year without injury, although, we do have a few more days to go, so keep your fingers crossed. For those who aren't aware, in the short little life span of my dog, who is now 2, he's been bit by a dog and broke his front leg! Poor guy...

Still, I have no pictures to put up....I really need to get on it. Maybe in my next post all just put in all the pictures I have from this year.

December was pretty tame. Christmas was super relaxed, which was a really nice break and made it all the more enjoyable. Despite going to a baby shower and three Christmas dinners over one weekend.

The baby shower was for my lovely little cousin Lindy who is 7 and a bit months pregnant! So exciting! We all went in and got her this amazing stroller from Australia! She was so happy.

Christmas dinner was a bit different this year, because we had it on the 23rd, and people have started bringing girlfriends and boyfriends and fiances and spouses...weird, we're all growing up and out, our little family went from 10 to 18!

Christmas eve brought out the best in my family...with such comments from my grandma, like "Aaron, you've gotten a bit fat haven't you?" or her other comment, "Is your friend coming to Christmas, the Iranian one...you know who I'm talking about...the brown kid..." also, my one aunt getting so tanked she kept yelling and then whispering, she couldn't make up her mind as to what the appropriate volume for an apartment should be. I also found out that one of my cousins does private tattooing and is using himself as a canvas (he has skulls that are eating his nipples...all class all the time).

Christmas Day was really nice, I woke up at 930! Which never happens because my brother usually wakes me up! But for whatever reason we both slept in. This year for Christmas we all chipped in and got a nice big Plasma TV 42"! Who knew a TV could be so pretty! We made an enormous breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage, so good!! We pretty much sat around in our pajamas till about 4pm, and then started preparing the rest of our dinner (If anyone has cooked a turkey, it takes like 6 hours to bake). My brother took off to his girlfriend's for their Christmas, and my friend Justin came over for some good eats and then for a movie at the Cineplex. We watched Night at the Museum...normally we wouldn't watch that type of movie, we like to go to Tinsletown and 5th Ave and watch a lot of indy movies, but we thought it's Christmas let's watch a no brainier...well, if that's what you're going for, this is perfect! Super cute, but don't rush out and spend 20 bucks on it. Oh, since Justin doesn't celebrate Christmas...he goes for Festivus...it was his birthday on the 22nd. I got him this wicked awesome sketch book which has a curve on the top, leather bound with a really knarrly "art-deco" style cover, I actually wanted it for myself, but seeing how I don't sketch...I guess it'll work out better for him. I had to convience him that it was a gift for his birthday, not for Christmas.

Well, now we wait for new years! 2007! Can you believe it? I sure can't, I've kinda been in denial of this whole year...but what can ya do? I hope this year I can enjoy new year's eve, the last one I had the flu, and the one before that, I broke out into hives...not the best time of my life. Wish me luck!

As Groucho Marx would say: Time flies like and arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Happy New Years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Jericho says, "Thanks for the sweet welcome dude."

And thank-you for the update.

8:44 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home