A lovely Weekend
It's been a long time since I could do what I wanted to on my weekend. I'm sure many of you can relate, so I encourage you to blow others off and have a weekend for you and you alone. Doing what you want when you want. I'm sure your real friends will understand.
With the beautiful snow came a few adventures, mostly with my bouncy black dog Elvis who goes crazy in the snow which sticks to his curly hair like little white pom-poms. It's bad enough that he's a standard poodle let alone a standard poodle with white snowy pom-poms on his feet. My goal this year is to become fit. I love to be outside so the majority of me being fit has to do with the desire to hike more, Kayak more, just adventure more. Maybe even travel more...I know, hold your breath...but my manager at work told me about these awesome sleeping pills that allow her to travel. In her words, "you either wake-up at your destination, or you wake-up dead"....Preferably the first. Back to the snow....I love playing in it, I used to have this weird thing about not being able to do things by myself, like I could only accomplish stuff with others, thankfully I've grown out of that phase, otherwise I would have missed all of it.
Yesterday I took my car in for it's general maintenance. Unfortunately one of my tires was attacked, which means that I will need a new one. Well, they're crap performance tires to begin with, so I asked the service guy how much it would cost for new all-season tires and he told me 185 dollars...per tire! Yah Right! I think I'll shop else where....if anyone knows of a good supplier of Mazda Pro5 tires give me a shout!
Sunday was really nice, playing in the snow, watching a really weird 1970s Italian film called "The Conformist" with my brother, hanging out in my PJs till like 5 in the afternoon, then meeting up with Justin (bestfriend...for those who don't know) for dinner. The plan was to go to the Yaletown Brewery, but when we got there, we realized everyone else had the same idea as us. So we wandered around and found Capones. Go. You all must go. It's this cool little Jazz Club/restaurant on Hamilton St in Yaletown, with the most amazing food and great wine (a little on the higher end so be prepared) and Jazz 7 nights a week, it was probably the best service I've had in a long time. I had the wild mushroom pasta and shared a spinach salad (probably the best on of those I've had to) http://www.caponesrestaurant.net/ After dinner, we had tons of left overs and gave them to a guy on the street. Is it weird that I ask people if they have allergies to things? We strolled back to the car and took a drive through Stanley Park onto the Lions Gate Bridge over to Delany's in Ambleside and drove to Horseshoe Bay. Very cool night.
Well, that's enough of my rambles. Enjoy the week!

1 Comments:
Not sure if they have your tires, but we got mine at Costco for a decent price...
9:10 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home