My name is Amelia. I live in Pitt Meadows BC, you'll recognize it by the smell. I work for a financial institution, have three stop-start degrees, and love anything music related, movie related, or starbucks related.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March Smarch

What happened in March...

I'll tell you what happened in March. Ski Trip to Manning, St Pat's Day Piercing, Drum lesson number 3, four hiking trips (Lighthouse Park twice, Cliff falls, Gold Creek) and of course a 138.00 speeding ticket, apparently going 83 in a 50 is a bad thing....

Manning Ski Trip:
12 youth and 4 leaders sleeping, eating, and exploding with energy in a 400 square foot cabin. We really lucked out with the weather as it was pouring rain everywhere else but the mountain! Skiiing was really great, what made the trip even more fun was one of the crazy NWLB youth went to Value Village and found this crazy bright red 1980s tight snow suit, complete with MJ Thriller like shoulders! You could see him from the bottom of the ski hill when he was getting off the chair at the very top!!! It was a blast! Thanks to Jeremy Pue for his awesome words and great worship.

St Pat's Day Piercing:
Sheena and I decided that we were going to celebrate St Pat's Day instyle, we bought matching green shirts and accessories and grabbed Shawn and Justin and headed downtown. Now, thinking that if we got to the Blarney Stone by 6pm we would only have to wait a little while...lol....I have never seen a 3 block line up to get into a club. Not only the Blarney Stone but any other pub that had Irish or an Irish reference in the title. So what do we do instead? head to Adrenaline for piercings! So, Sheena promised that she would get one, and Justin was pretty into the idea to, so I go first, I get a nice little hoop at the top of my left ear, so I come out all excited, to find out that I am now the only person to go through with this. Well I'm happy...

Drum Lessons:
I'm fully excited learning how to play the drums and any of you who want to learn should! Did you know you can rent a kit from Long and McQuade for 25 bucks a month? And then get Darren to teach you! He's flippen awesome!

Hiking:
Justin and I continue on our quest to become experienced outdoor enthusiasts. I love being in the outdoors! I love that our last hike at Lighthouse Park was more of a bouldering trip along the coast line, very cool, I wish I had money to belong to a rock gym. I suggest that all of you head out to Gold Creek and see the force that we all call nature. Large trees picked up and stripped of their bark laying smoothly in the middle of the trail, new creeks that have busted through the trails, the exploding water falls! It's amazing!!

Speeding Ticket:
Enough Said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home