My name is Amelia. I live in Pitt Meadows BC, you'll recognize it by the smell. I work for a financial institution, have three stop-start degrees, and love anything music related, movie related, or starbucks related.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chocoholic

Lately (more than my normal anyway) I've noticed an increased craving for chocolate. Not chocolate bars mind you (I'm not a fan), but real, dark, rich, delicious, chocolate, as is, it's perfect. However, I'm trying to loose some weight, so I've started power walking/running every morning before work, and then drinking lots of water. I read in a health magazine that cravings will subside between 8 and 12 minutes and that cravings are sometimes a signal that actually you just need to drink a glass of water. So that's what I do, time my clock for 15 minutes and then grab a big glass of water and drink it. 15 minutes pass, 20 minutes pass, 45 minutes, I STILL WANT THAT FREAKING PIECE OF CHOCOLATE! So my question is, is this such a bad thing?Is it wrong to deny ourselves every little pleasure for that stupid bikini?! Or should I give in and enjoy myself. After all, everything in moderation...right??


I think I'll give in...mmmm....

I recommend stopping in at a Purdy's or at Euphoria Chocolates in Ft Langley (the make their own with no preservatives)

live a little

www.purdys.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Chocolate is freakin' good - I buy those little cadbury thins and they do the trick.

I've also just started boot camp - argh!

5:37 p.m.

 
Blogger amelia said...

I know! I love those! I had one while I wrote this post!

10:28 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home